Things to know before making a reservation
- Reservations for study rooms can be made up to two days in advance.
- Reservations may not be made for times outside of the library’s normal operating hours.
- Reservations must be made online. The library does not accept written, faxed, emailed or telephone requests for room reservations.
- You are responsible for making your own reservations. Library staff can show you how to reserve a room, but they cannot reserve the room for you.
- Occupancy of a study room is not to exceed 10 persons.
- Individuals and groups of two or more people can reserve a study room for a maximum of three hours per day under one of the group members’ names. These rooms are a shared community resource. As such they must be made available to as many customers as possible. Exceptions will be decided on an individual basis by Library staff.
- Please review the Study Room Policy.
Making a Study Room Reservation
Note: Once in the reservation system, please use the Cancel button if you need to go back at any point. Your browser’s back button will not work.
- Click the button below to see study room availability.
- The first time you visit the room reservation page, you’ll be asked to choose your booking type. Study Room users should select “Study Room Users.”
- On the left side of the page, check the box or boxes of the branches you would like to view for availability (at this time, study rooms are only available at Lexington Park).
- On the calendar, select the date that you wish to make the reservation.
- A list of all available rooms will be shown. Times in black are reserved and unavailable. Available times will be green.
- Click on the box of the start time you wish to reserve the room and then on the box of the end time. The program will automatically fill in the slots between the selected times.
- If you would like to request more than one day/time, click “Add to basket” and then click the next date on the calendar to find your next reservation. If you are ready to make the reservation, click “Reserve Now.”
- If you would like to autofill your contact information, input your library card number and PIN/password (usually the last four digits of your telephone number) and click “Find Details.” Otherwise, input your information. Items with a red asterisk are required.
- A review of your request will appear. Scan the information to be sure it is correct. If it is correct, click on the “Reserve” button. If it is incorrect, click the “Cancel” button to begin again.
- You will receive an email stating that your room is reserved. The email will include a link and instructions for cancelling the reservation. Customers who book, but do not use the study rooms, are requested to give notice as soon as possible, but no less than two hours in advance of the reservation start time. Individuals or groups who repeatedly fail to do so will have their privileges revoked.