Download books, movies, music, and magazines!
Download eBooks and digital audiobooks to a smartphone, tablet, eReader, laptop, or computer.
Go to Maryland’s Digital eLibrary Consortium, or Maryland’s Digital eLibrary for Kids. See more information about Maryland’s Digital eLibrary Consortium.
Borrow up to 6 titles per month from thousands of movies, TV shows, music albums, eBooks, comics, and audiobooks using a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer.
Go to hoopla or see more information about hoopla.
Digital magazines that can be viewed on most smartphones, tablets, laptops, and computers.
Go to Zinio or see more information about Zinio.
Download audiobooks for children, teens, and adults from Recorded Books.
Go to OneClick Digital or see more information about OneClick Digital.
Digital Content Instructions and Help
Maryland’s Digital eLibrary Consortium provides downloadable eBooks and audio books for adults, young adults, and children from many different publishers, compatible with iPad, Kindle, Nook, and many other devices. Some titles are always available, while others may require you to place a hold if they are checked out. For the greatest selection, including content purchased just for Southern Maryland customers, please sign in before browsing.
- New to eBooks and digital audiobooks? Take a quick tour!
- Before purchasing a device, take a look at devices that are compatible with the library’s downloadable collection.
- Having trouble getting started? View the Help page for tips on getting started and using the service.
- Check out 6 items at a time
- Choose your checkout period- 7, 14, or 21 days
hoopla offers thousands of movies, television shows, music albums, eBooks, comics, and audiobooks for borrowing. Instantly stream or temporarily download (on a mobile device using the hoopla app) up to 6 titles every month for free with your St. Mary’s County Library card.
- The hoopla digital app is available in the App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. See hoopla support for more information about specific supported devices.
- Children with library cards in good standing may use Hoopla. Be advised that our Hoopla collection contains material that some parents might not find suitable for their children. Films and television shows are labeled by MPAA and TV ratings when they have been rated. In accordance with our Materials Selection Policy, responsibility for the reading, viewing, and listening of children and adolescents rests with their parents or legal guardians. Thus, children and teens who use Hoopla are not restricted to certain content. Parents and guardians are responsible for guiding their children’s use of this and other library resources.
- Hoopla for Kids: When Kids Mode is turned on in your settings, content displayed is limited to materials for children. You can turn on Kids Mode in your settings on hoopladigital.com or in the settings menu in the app. Note: the setting is for the device, not the account. Turning Kids Mode on on your Android phone will not turn Kids Mode on on your iPad.
- See hoopla support for answers to frequently asked questions about hoopla.
- Checkout movies and TV shows for three days, music for 7 days, eBooks, comics, and audiobooks for 21 days
Free downloadable magazines available to cardholders. You can download and read these magazines on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Zinio Frequently Asked Questions
- Zinio, our collection of free digital magazines, was recently updated. Computer readers using Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11 and Mac Safari will now need only one log-in to access their account, check-out and read magazines. Readers can download a new “Zinio for Libraries” app to take advantage of the new features. See a computer demonstration video or an iPad video.
From Recorded Books – iPod-compatible downloadable audio books for adults, young adults, and children. For technical support, please email email@example.com.
See a list of more resources for free eBooks and digital audiobooks online.