Maryland’s Digital Library
Download eBooks, digital audiobooks, and magazines to a smartphone, tablet, eReader, or computer. Check out up to ten titles at a time for 7, 14, or 21 days.
See more information about Maryland’s Digital Library.
- See which devices are compatible with the library’s downloadable collection.
- Having trouble getting started? View the Help page for tips on getting started and using the service.
- Magazines do not count toward your ten checkouts, nor do they need to be placed on hold. Magazines are always available.
- Choose your checkout period- 7, 14, or 21 days.
The Libby App
- Try the Libby app for your Android, iOS, or Microsoft device.
- Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
- Open the app and find your library. You can search for St. Mary’s County Library, or enter your city or zip code.
- Browse the collection and borrow a magazine title. When prompted, sign in with your St. Mary’s County Library card.
- Borrowed titles appear on your shelf and will download to the app automatically so you can read offline. From your shelf, you can tap Open Magazine to open a title to read in the app.
- See OverDrive’s Libby Help page for more information.
Access to RBdigital magazines ended on March 31, 2021. All magazines that were available in RBdigital are available in Libby. You can access any magazine issues that you’ve borrowed through RBdigital by visiting the ZINIO app or website and registering a new ZINIO account using the same email address you used with RBdigital. The Zinio app/website can be used to purchase new magazines, but you can find your previously checked out magazines on the My Library page.
In April 2020, shortly after the Library and other businesses and organizations in our community closed their doors due to the COVID-19 pandemic, St. Mary’s County Library and St. Mary’s County Arts Council introduced Quaranzine, a collection of creative works from our community that documented how we responded to this strange time we found ourselves in. Members of the community submitted their works and we released nine issues of Quaranzine from April 15 – June 10. One year later, we released a special issue filled with art, poetry, short stories, other creative works, and simply memories or lessons learned that documented the year. Check out Quaranzine today!