Maryland’s Digital Library
Download eBooks, digital audiobooks, and magazines to a smartphone, tablet, eReader, or computer. Check out up to ten titles at a time for 7, 14, or 21 days.
See more information about Maryland’s Digital Library.
- See which devices are compatible with the library’s downloadable collection.
- Having trouble getting started? View the Help page for tips on getting started and using the service.
- Magazines do not count toward your ten checkouts, nor do they need to be placed on hold. Magazines are always available.
- Choose your checkout period- 7, 14, or 21 days.
The Libby App
- Try the Libby app for your Android, iOS, or Microsoft device.
- Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
- Open the app and find your library. You can search for St. Mary’s County Library, or enter your city or zip code.
- Browse the collection and borrow a magazine title. When prompted, sign in with your St. Mary’s County Library card.
- Borrowed titles appear on your shelf and will download to the app automatically so you can read offline. From your shelf, you can tap Open Magazine to open a title to read in the app.
- See OverDrive’s Libby Help page for more information.
Access to RBdigital magazines ended on March 31, 2021. All magazines that were available in RBdigital are available in OverDrive/Libby. You can access any magazine issues that you’ve borrowed through RBdigital by visiting the ZINIO app or website and registering a new ZINIO account using the same email address you used with RBdigital. The Zinio app/website can be used to purchase new magazines, but you can find your previously checked out magazines on the My Library page.