POSITION: Librarian I, Youth Services – Part-Time
JOB CLOSES: 11:59 p.m. on July 5, 2021
LOCATION: Leonardtown Library
HOURS: 28 hours per week, including weekdays, evenings, and every Saturday
SALARY: Grade 4, $20.00 per hour
BENEFITS: 7% Mandatory Pension Contribution; 56 hours paid time off; 457 Plan; Aflac Insurance; Credit Union Membership
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years or more of customer service experience or equivalent training, education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- General interest in reading and literature, and an awareness of trends in popular culture as well as current news events as they relate to customer interests and needs.
- Ability to learn St. Mary’s County Library policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audio-visual equipment, and office machines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand.
- Assists customers in finding answers to a broad range of questions using Library resources and databases.
- Guides customers in selecting appropriate materials for reading/viewing/listening.
- Assists customers with technology-related questions and issues.
- Plans and presents Library-related programs, events, classes, and tours.
- Serve as the Person in Charge by handling customer complaints and resolving facilities issues during Saturday coverage.
- Participates in the Library Associate Training Institute or attends Library and Information Science classes.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects, as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.