POSITION: Information Technology Assistant, Full-Time
CLOSING DATE: September 2, 2020
LOCATION: Works at all three library locations
START DATE: September 28, 2020
HOURS: Full-time, 35.5 hours per week
SALARY/BENEFITS: Grade 3, $33,896; Health Insurance; Life Insurance; Mandatory 7% MD State Pension Payroll Deduction; Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Personal Days; Holidays; Credit Union Services; Direct Deposit; 457 Plans
- Directly supports the Computer Services Coordinator in overseeing information technology for the Library including, but not limited to, wide area networks (WAN) and local area networks (LAN), voicemail system, IT system security, public PCs, printing systems, WiFi, security camera support, data backup, and disaster recovery.
- Provides computer instruction and answers questions in a classroom setting and one-on-one.
- Performs regular maintenance on hardware, software, and networks.
- Performs diagnostics of hardware, software, networks and connectivity problems and takes corrective action to remedy problems.
- Responds to “on call” requests to resolve IT problems in evenings and on weekends.
- Trains staff on new computer and network operations and procedures.
- Coordinates with the Public Technology Assistants (PTA) in each branch on computer and network issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- 3-5 years’ experience working directly with networked computers in a fast-paced, high-volume, constantly changing customer service environment, preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with LANs and WANs, preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience administering a company network, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware and software; including, but not limited to, recent Windows versions, recent Windows servers, Microsoft Office, the Internet, wireless technology, firewall technology.
- Knowledge of network technology and routing protocols.
- Ability to train staff and library customers on computer applications.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of Library policy and procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good physical strength and stamina: Work requires physical effort in the handling of computer monitors and related equipment, or boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Work involves travel from library to library, providing own transportation
- May require evening and weekend emergency calls pertaining to computer system
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.